get-iplayer v3.29 is out

Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:59:24 PST 2022

On 2022-02-08 19:24, Budge wrote:

> Before making this change I tried to delete old setting as in:-
> get_iplayer --pref-del tvmode = best.
>
> This didn't work

The example in the release notes gave the command as

   get_iplayer --prefs-del    whatever

ie there's an "s" on prefs, so your "--pref-del" is wrong.

> and when I tried
>
> get_iplayer --prefs-add --quality=hd,sd,high,std
>
> I received the following result:-
>
> alastair at HP-Z640-1:~> get_iplayer --prefs-add --quality=hd,sd,high,std.
>
> WARNING: Invalid values in --quality/--modes: 'std.'. This will be a
> fatal error in a future release.

> INFO: Added option 'modes' = 'hd,sd,high,std.'

That strongly implies that you didn't issue the command you said you
did, but instead

    get_iplayer --prefs-add --quality=hd,sd,high,std.

ie you had a dot after "std"

That's shown in the output from INFO.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own