LibXML.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 01:54:32 PDT 2022

On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 16:31:33 +0100
RS <richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:

> problems for a long time, although I was still running v3.28.

Have you now upgraded to v3.30?

> I have just upgraded from Kubuntu 18.04.6 LTS to Kubuntu 20.04.4 LTS.
> Now whenever I try to run get_iplayer, with or without arguments, it
> immediately displays a message

I've just upgraded my machines to 22.04LTS and have experienced no
problems. The desktop machine runs lubuntu.

GiP has continued to run on my NAS running Ubuntu Server without issue.

> LibXML.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got
> handshake key 0xde00080, needed 0xcd00080)
>
> It does not even display the version number.

Do you mean a version number for Perl? Try 'man perl' as here, that
gives a history of updates. Just scroll down the list of stuff it
produces.

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk  |