LibXML.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Aug 15 10:16:28 PDT 2022

Yes, I followed the instructions on that page to do a manual
installation  for Ubuntu when Jon Hedgerows's PPA was withdrawn.  It
worked fine then, and has been working fine for the last two years.

It stopped working when I upgraded from Kubuntu 18.04.6 to Kubuntu
20.04.4.  From what I have read, it does seem to be a known problem that
upgrading Ubuntu causes problems with Perl.  What I have not been able
to find is how to fix it.

I guess the question I am asking is how to select versions of Perl and
the required modules which are compatible with one another.  With most
programs you expect deleting and re-installing to be  a solution, but
that doesn't seem to work in this case.