--output=............

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 14:20:12 PDT 2021

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 19:46:42 +0100
Martin Powell <martin.powell at windcheetah.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi, I'm sure I've done something very stupid here but when I run
>
> get_iplayer --raw --get "Gardeners' World"
> output=Factual/Gardening/GardenersWorld/2021
>
> it puts the output in the directory that the command was run in,
> rather than the one specified by the output option.
>
> I can't help thinking it is something to do with ' and "
>
> Any thoughts??

I would say it's more than likely to do with Factual. Where's that
folder? If you type at the command prompt 'ls Factual', does the system
find it?

Longhelp suggests that the output statement is as follows :-
--output, -o <dir>    Recording output directory

So you might want to prefix your command with
--outputtv=Factual/Gardening/GardenersWorld/2021 assuming that Factual
is accessible as described above.

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk  |