OT: Re: Unknown unknows. was Re: Why no Formula E?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 08:07:59 BST 2021

On 25/04/2021 19:52, Andrew wrote:
> A bit behind the times are we?
>
> Pit stops haven't happened since season 4 following the introduction of
> the Gen2 cars. Races are 45min + 1 lap with the same car.

That was a welcome improvement, but they are still stuck with too many
gimmicks for me, "fan-boost", being able to drive over different bits of
the track to get more energy, and so forth.  Seems more like dodgem
racing at times!

The coverage is too variable.  One race it's live from the BBC studio
(in London), anther it's listed as live (on the iPlayer) but it isn't.

The Extreme-E seems purer racing.

   https://www.extreme-e.com/

--
David