Failing to download iPlayer file

MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News news at macfh.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 16:16:34 BST 2021

Of Michael Eacott
 > Sent: 20 April 2021 18:32
 > To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
 > Subject: Failing to download iPlayer file
 >
 > My apologies for not using my registered read only email address of
xmichael at eacott.org.uk that I cannot send from and also not changing my
email client Thunderbird default from html format to plain text.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p099f5jp/greta-thunberg-a-year-to-change-the-world-series-1-episode-2
 > I used this command get-iplayer -pid=p099f5jp --modes=hvfxsd1 tvmode
good --type=tv

 > Here's the Terminal window
 >
 > get-iplayer -pid=p099f5jp --modes=hvfxsd1 tvmode good --type=tv
get_iplayer v3.27, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis

On 20/04/2021 18:45, Steve Rochford wrote:

> I think that you've missed out the "--" in front of pid (it looks like you've got a single -)
>
> get-iplayer --pid=p099f5jp --modes=hvfxsd1 tvmode good --type=tv
>
> What's weird is that you don't get an error but you get the info on 2 completely unrelated programmes!

No, it's perfectly logical, it's just that the single dash in front of
pid was not his only error, he's also missed out the double dash in
front of 'tvmode', so GiP interpreted both 'tvmode' and 'good' as search
terms, and thus found 2 programmes with 'good' in the title.