web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 05:40:23 EST 2020
In article <79eb3d328942aa81b1d5c6affef94524 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk>,
Nicoll - ml gip <jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> On 2020-10-30 17:36, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> > This morning when I tried to fetch some items the download rate was
> > much slower than usual. i.e. about a 1/10th what is normal. In effect,
> > the result is 'real time' - so a 30 min TV program takes, erm, about
> > 30 mins to obtain rather than the usual 3 - 5 mins.
> > I've tried again during day with much the same result.
> Did you try specifying alternate CDNs?
That's my next experiment. cf below...
> Did you try 'speed testing'
Yes. The speed seems OK. Both here and when I get Richard (i.e. My service
provider) to test from his end of the 'pipe'.
Indeed, I did a test and tried running two fetches on two machines in
parallel. Each ran at the same speeds as if only one were running.
Normally, video comes at about 50 Mb/s. Presently it is more like 7.5 Mb/s
(per fetching stream) so I could do a number of fetches in parallel if
However radio (audio) fetches run at more like 14 Mb/s which is more normal
So it does look like a CDN problem. The curio being that it was fine until
a couple of days ago, and that no-one else seems to have had the same
change. I'd not altered either the fetching command or anything else I can
think of that might be relevant.
All being well, I'll know more shortly. Currently doing other things (like
email catchin as here!)
Armstrong Audio http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/Armstrong/armstrong.html
Audio Misc http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/index.html
More information about the get_iplayer