v3.26 Release notes

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 09:43:59 EDT 2020

>From the PPA page:

This PPA is no longer supported, and the final release of get-iplayer
available here is 3.26. Further updates will not be made available
here.

Instead, please use the snap:
$ snap install get-iplayer

For help please read the fine manuals at:
  https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki

For those who want to know why I've stopped this: (a) the old laptop
that is my build server is dying, and (b) the debian build scripts use
the ancient-standards-version from seven years ago, and need a
refresh. There seemed little point in sustaining something for which
there's a simpler and more secure alternative.