lists.infradead.org mailing list memberships reminder

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 1 05:46:35 EDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-07-01 at 10:25 +0100, CJB wrote:
> Just got the below email. It included my password in plain text
> (redacted below).

Yes. That's why when you set the password it told you that it will be
sent to you in plain text periodically as a reminder.

Didn't it always do this? The list server did die a week or so ago and
has been restored to a backup from a couple of years ago, so it's
possible that I had disabled the pointless monthly reminders in the
interim and they've just been reenabled by the restore — but I didn't
think so.