OT ffmpeg syntax for dailymotion

Chris Brady chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 08:39:43 EST 2020

Hi - I use Firefox with the Video Downloader add on. It seems to
detect the media URL(s) OK and then downloads whatever it finds. Its a
bit clunky to use and is not that intuitive. I am sure that there are
online downloader sites too. Google around. Currently I'm doing Long
Lost Family US. I tried watching via the Daily Motion site but there
are too many disruptive adverts. One thing you do need is a rock
steady Internet connection. BTW what are you trying to download? CJB

On 27/12/2020, Dave Widgery <dave.widgery at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI
> I am trying to download video's from www.dailymotion.com using ffmpeg,
> I have tried various ways based on what I have found on the internet
> but usualy get somthing like a "Invalid data found when processing
> input" has anyone any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance
> Dave

MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents