Mock the Week subtitles

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Sun Dec 13 04:45:58 EST 2020

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:41:28 +0000
Chris Walker <cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:

> I've set the GiP preferences to always download subtitles. They all
> work quite well apart from Mock the Week. The subtitles are
> consistently 12 seconds out.
>
> I can't think how GiP could get this wrong so is it the Beeb, GiP or
> Kodi on a Pi which is what I use to playback the mp4 file?

I've had a couple of private replies to this and it doesn't seem to be
GiP related or Kodi as it happens on different hardware and different
programmes as well so I'm happy to close this one.

All I have to do now is decide whether it's worthwhile trying to fix
the problem with a program suggested to me by Fred F called Subtitle
Edit - https://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/ - or simply not use subtitles
on that programme.

Thanks to Fred F and Peter Scott for replying to me.