OT Video Conversion

artisticforge Niemand artisticforge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 21:43:23 PDT 2019

hello;

the short answer
Linux, dvdbackup, handbrake commandline interface.
I have been doing this for years using those.
Get a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM  everything you need is
available nearly all open source.
I have nearly all the entire DVD collection ripped to hard drives.
I have numerous shell scripts and perl scripts that make it easy to
rip a DVD to hard drive. E-mail me privately is you want to chat more.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM Dave Widgery <dave.widgery at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to copy some of my DVD collection onto hard disk to make
> them easier to access and I am getting very frustrated with
> downloading programs that claim to be free versions only to find out
> that in fact that it is a trial version, or in the case of a
> comprehensive program like Handbrake that is free but takes for ever
> to run on my pc.
> ffmpeg seams to be a very efficient program for converting video, is
> it possible to use it to extract video directly from the DVD video
> files, if so can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that
> explains how to do it.
>
> I realise that it is unlikely to work directly from the DVD so I am
> using DVDshrink which allows me to create a hard disk decrypted
> version of the DVD ahead of any other video processing.
>
> thanks in advance
> Dave

terry l. ridder ><>