OT Video Conversion

Nick Payne njhp94 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 13:24:39 PDT 2019

I use MakeMKV (which isn't free) for ripping the DVDs or BluRays,
followed by Handbrake to convert the resulting files to the H.265 video
codec to reduce the file sizes (which is a pretty slow process). As I
have an nVidia Quadro video card in the PC, I tried the NVENC version of
H.265 in Handbrake, as the conversion runs many times faster than using
the straight H.265, but the files produced were considerably larger and
the video quality poorer, so I've stuck with the slow process.