Off-line conversion- M4A toMP3

Christopher Woods christopher at custommade.org.uk
Mon May 13 15:39:20 PDT 2019

On 13 May 2019 09:28:32 get_iplayer at big-tick.co.uk wrote:

> On 13/05/2019 03:32, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-717-1197 wrote:
>> What's a good Windows program for batch converting a group of M4A
>> files to MP3's?
>
> I'm sure there are other options out there, but I find LameXP both quick
> and easy to use
>
> http://lamexp.sourceforge.net/
>
> Cheers, Dave

As I use it to listen and manage my music collection, I rate the foobar2000
audio player with a recent lame.exe for ease of use. It can perform DSP
chain processing (EQ, ReplayGain, etc) or just transcode straight - as well
as things like filename transforms. It's a very competent audio file
manager. Just drop files into a playlist, select one or more, right-click
and use the convert menu.

I tend to use Mp3Tag (the author's capitalisation, not mine) for more
complex tagging of audio files.

For command-line batch processing, just use ffmpeg - you should already
have it if get_iplayer is installed. A simple 'for' loop in a batch file
(various examples available online) will let you transcode an unlimited
amount of files in a folder very efficiently.