WS podcast sideffect, was Re: Grenfell Tower podcasts

Roger Wilkins admin at 7rw.com
Tue Mar 26 07:19:14 PDT 2019

Completely agree Mark. The kid intoning "BBC Sounds, music, radio,
podcasts" at the start of last week's In Our Time, and then the blast of
electric guitar and drums assaulting one's ears at the end (music under
some internal advert for another podcast purporting to distinguish
"what's fact and what's fad when it comes to wonder products") before
it's possible to dive for the stop button, are intensely irritating. It
would be nice to be able to ponder the thoughts of Melvyn's guests in
silence without the tacked-on aural attack.

Roger.