WS podcast sideffect, was Re: Grenfell Tower podcasts

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Tue Mar 26 00:29:08 PDT 2019

For me the annoying top-and-tail stuff that's appeared, sometime since
BBC Sounds, has been that the only version of a radio show that
get_iplayer can see is now one where at the start and end there are
extra things telling us how wonderful BBC Sounds is or has some earnest
fellow thinking that we might like to listen to his BBC podcast too or
whatever. As I usually listen to just the same few shows and they tend
to add the same few things in the top-and-tail stuff it rapidly gets
tiresome. It's all been within-BBC but it's no less annoying for that
when it's now on every single one.

-- Mark