Steam radio...

Nick get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Sun Mar 17 11:07:30 PDT 2019

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 16:58:19 +0000 (GMT)
Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <20190317163236.7034d324 at roadkill.i.lucanops.net>, Nick
> <get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net> wrote:
>
> > The audio is a total of 67.2MB, if you're still stuck shall I just
> > email the files to you?
>
> Not email, please! 8-]

Understandably. A poor option, but I default to avoiding modern and
"convenient" web-app type things, 'cause of the inconvenience of them
being proprietary and all corporate-malwared-up. I was going to ask
about FTP, but this'll work:

> I'd be grateful if you could let me have the 'sound radio' files via
> the 'drag and drop' form on this webpage
>
> http://ukhhsoc.torrens.org/upload.html

Now that is how web applications should be. With JS off I get a nice
plain HTML form. The first file looks like it is working, the form
submitting right now.

And now it looks to be done. Cookies were off in the browser and so the
form didn't go to a success/fail page, but that is an expected outcome.
If you don't get three files, let me know.

> Many thanks. And apologies for any fuss I've caused.

You're welcome, it's been no fuss.

Trains have a bad rep, but they are big machines that are all around
us, there's lots of engineering and otherwise technical stuff that is
interesting. So thank you for highlighting some relatively obscure
stuff, I'm sure there'll be something in there that's properly nerdy.

Nick