Steam radio...

MacFH - C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 05:15:45 PDT 2019

Please see below ...

On 17/03/2019 10:10, Jim web wrote:
> Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong or missing? If not, I'll look at
> the 'youtube' approach. (Will that work for 'radio' examples, BTW?)

I can't necessarily help with this specific problem, but recently I was
trying to download a video on this page ....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/49cb68dc-f515-498a-b38b-c5e5d8c31085
... of Olivia Chaney singing Roman Holiday, but initially was unable to
do so.  Eventually I copied all the page's HTML source into a
programmer's text editor (the wonderful TextPad), and used regular
expression find and replace to remove everything except the BBC links in
the page source, which left me with them in a list with no duplicates;
then it was simply a question of trying each one until I found one that
GiP or YTD would download, which eventually I did.

FTR, in case it may be helpful in spotting a pattern, it was ...
     perl  C:\Programs\GetIPlayer\get_iplayer.pl  --pid p06ks6fd
... that worked.

Undeniably a tedious chore, but successful in the end.