Steam radio...

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 06:44:47 PDT 2019

On 16/03/2019 12:42, Jim web wrote:
> I've recently found an 'archive' page at
>
> bbc.co.uk/archive/steamtrains/
>
> which also links to old pages on each item it lists.
>
> My usual way of fetching items is to hover the mouse over a player window
> or link, or look at the programme's address to see the pid. Then give the
> pid to gip. But these items don't seem to show any pid either way.
>
> So am I missing something here, and how can I fetch the items I'd like from
> these pages? I have some of the video examples from a later 'collections'
> page, but am curious about the radio examples, etc. (Prompted by some Tv
> programmes on 'Hornby' :-) )
>
> Jim

Can't help much but I do recall a while ago that it worked here with
some Blues music tv programmes, for reasons I can't remember I used the
url directly.  As I said a while ago with an older version of gip, but
the bbc site looks the same and the gip docs give the same instructions.

Over to people much more expert than me.