New Computer

MacFH - C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 08:42:10 PDT 2019

Please see below ...

On 03/04/2019 16:17, CJB wrote:
 > Hi - thanks for all of th tips. It all worked OK

Glad to have helped.

 > except that TextPad
 > refused to delete all of the duplicate lines.

I'm surprised by that, but perhaps that's one of the ways they cripple
the free-trial version.

 > And I found the History file actually duplicated in both folders:
 >
 > .get_iplayer
 > .get_iplayer/pvr

That's odd.  I suspect the one in the pvr sub-directory must have been
created spuriously somehow.

 > But the web PVR does seem to run OK.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the duplicated lines don't matter,
except that they slow down GiP unnecessarily, and therefore it's best to
remove them.  I'm not sure what's causing the extra copy of the history
file in pvr, but it may that something is changing to that sub-directory
either before GiP is called, or else during its running.