no more hslv format ?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu May 3 03:41:03 PDT 2018

Hi Richard,

> I think it was Nick Payne who said he had experimented with
> re-encoding in HEVC (H.265) and found that the file size was the same
> for 25fps as it was for 50fps, which led him to conclude that frames
> were being duplicated to achieve 50fps.

ffmpeg can produce PNGs, one per frame, and convert only a few specific
seconds to avoid tens of thousands of them, and then adjacent frames
could be compared in pairs to see if they are indeed identical;  compare
`ab', `bc', `cd'...

There's a couple of variants for comparing images.

    compare foo.png bar.png x:
    gm compare -highlight-style assign foo.png bar.png -file x:

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy