v3.13 released

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Mar 28 03:33:16 PDT 2018

On 28/03/18 11:03, iz wrote:
 > Once get_iplayer updates the cache in any given week, it doesn't go
 > back to the previous week. Ordinarily that would be unnecessary, but
 > you can force it with the use of --refresh-limit or --cache-rebuild,
 > as has already been suggested. It's likely that people did their first
 > update this week with the old broken get_iplayer, and thus subsequent
 > updates with the new get_iplayer didn't go back to last week.

You may be right, but both machines I have tried had the cache refreshed
during the last calendar week.  The one I updated to v3.13 on Saturday
evening has indexed the Jack Dee/Jeremy Hardy episode of Chain Reaction
broadcast on Radio 4 Extra at 2330 on 23 March.  The one I updated last
night has not.

That suggests that with the new algorithm it is going to be necessary to
refresh more than once a week to maintain a complete cache.

Best wishes
Richard