Format of options file

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 07:41:50 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 09:52:53AM +0000, RS wrote:

> Essentially you seem to be saying I can't have a CR in a Linux text file
> because it is non-standard.  It seems a strange standard that prevents
> data interchange rather than facilitates it.

Yes, it is strange that Microsoft chose a non-standard line ending
convention. In this case though we can't really blame them as they were
just copying CP/M. CP/M chose its line ending convention in 1974, a few
years after Unix chose its convention.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

    Immigration: making Britain great since AD43