Format of options file

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Mar 5 02:25:58 PST 2018

On 05/03/2018 17:52, RS wrote:

> What is the answer?  How can Windows and Linux exchange data in text
> files without requiring the user to run them through external
> conversion programs?

I've been following the gist of the thread but not the detail. I am
wondering whether the answer to your second question is that they
can't!!! Although GIP can be run on Windows, MacOS or Linux, each one
looks like it treats certain issues differently.  Not a problem when
you're sticking with the one OS but if you're trying to share the data
on different OSs, maybe you're trying to do something that cannot be
done seamlessly and that you have to use a conversion program.

Just my pennyworth..

Alan

---