Format of options file

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sat Mar 3 05:30:58 PST 2018

On 03/03/18 10:53, I wrote:
> Is the format of the options file different in Windows and Linux?
> The criterion seems to be that options with a numeric or boolean value
> like --subtitles or --expiry work.
>
> Options with a string value like --tvmode, --radiomode or
> --ffmpegloglevel don't.

Looking at the files with xxd, the lines in the Windows file end with
CRLF (hex 0D0A).  In file copied to Linux with re-entering of some of
the options with --prefs-add there is a mixture of lines ending CRLF and
LF, even though the lines have been shuffled by --prefs-add.  There does
not seem to be any correlation between the errors and the presence of CR
characters.

I have not yet looked at the code to see how the options file is parsed.
  What is puzzling is that the options display correctly with --prefs-show.

The Windows download_history file seems to work correctly.  I hope I
don't need to edit it.