get_iplayer 3.10 released

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:11:37 PST 2018

On 10 January 2018 at 17:00, RS <richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:

> I have tried to update it in Ubuntu 16.04.3 using the PPA.
>
> The Ubuntu PPA page
> https://launchpad.net/~jon-hedgerows/+archive/ubuntu/get-iplayer
> includes
> get-iplayer     3.10-ppa31b~xenial
> but when I run
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install get-iplayer
>
> it tells me it is unpacking 3.09 over 3.07.  When I run get_iplayer it says
> it is 3.09-ppa31b.
> If I update it again it says 3.09 is the latest version.  Have I done
> something wrong?

If you go to the ppa page
https://launchpad.net/~jon-hedgerows/+archive/ubuntu/get-iplayer
and click up in the top right hand corner where it says 5 packages
waiting to build you will see that they have not actually been built
yet, I imagine if you wait a bit
till that message disappears then update again all will be well.

Colin