BBC JSON feeds to be discontinued from 1st May

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Apr 13 02:18:45 PDT 2018

On 13/04/18 02:01, tellyaddict wrote:
> I meant has a fix been added into the code to keep GiP going once the JSON feeds go.
>
>> What do you mean "patched"? Dinky has the source code, he can make changes without patching anything.
>>
>> --
>> Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
>> Cambridge, UK
>>
>>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 00:24, tellyaddict <tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> The JSON feeds that are used to get playlist data will be discontinued by the BBC from the 1st May 2018. Has GiP been patched with a fallback to keep it running when this happens?

It is not an answer to the question, but I came across this thread.  It
is nearly a year old but I thought the third paragraph of the last post
raised an interesting question about the effect of the changes on smart TVs.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.tech.digital-tv/mRrMomusf7k

Best wishes
Richard