Steve Backshall - Nature's Microworlds - 2 Serengeti.mp4, b01l4906

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Apr 10 09:50:04 PDT 2018

On 08/04/18 17:22, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

> Interestingly enough there's a posting today on the support forum which
> wonders whether hlshd is being phased out as the "BBC isn't making
> programs available in hlshd (720p 25fps), only dvfhd and hvfhd (720p
> 50fps) for HD. The list includes:
>
> Latest episodes of The Film Review, Click, BBC News at Six, BBC Weekend
> News and Episodes 7 and 8 of Below the Surface (Episodes 1-6 of Below
> the Surfaces are available in hlshd)."

My initial reaction was that it was too early to worry about this.  When
we had problems with Segment not found errors in HLS, that was at a
holiday time and many programmes were corrected within a week of
broadcast.  Worryingly the number of programmes with no HLS modes is
increasing.  Even more ominous is that Flash modes also seem to be being
withdrawn.

To take Ordeal by Innocence as an example, both episodes 1 and 2 now
have editorial versions.  Episode 1 has hlshd1 and flashhd1 modes.
Episode 2 has neither.

If anyone wants to check the availability of Flash, you need to go back
to get_iplayer v2.99, re-install rtmpdump and use --pid or --url.

Best wishes
Richard