Steve Backshall - Nature's Microworlds - 2 Serengeti.mp4, b01l4906

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sun Apr 8 09:22:15 PDT 2018

On 08/04/2018 10:36, MacFH - C E Macfarlane wrote:
> Please see below ...
>
> On 06/04/2018 16:21, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

>>> Could it be that some episodes contain archive footage that is
>>> available
>>> only in some resolutions?
>>>
>> Maybe in some cases however Episode 2 was available in hlshd in 2013
>> but not this year!
>
> And the muddled shambles continues, the best available format for
> Nature's Microworlds Episode 3 is hvfxsd, so that's:
>     Episode 1    hlshd    500MB
>     Episode 2    hvfhd    1134MB
>     Episode 3    hvfxsd   400MB
>
> What a pig's dinner!

Interestingly enough there's a posting today on the support forum which
wonders whether hlshd is being phased out as the "BBC isn't making
programs available in hlshd (720p 25fps), only dvfhd and hvfhd (720p
50fps) for HD. The list includes:

Latest episodes of The Film Review, Click, BBC News at Six, BBC Weekend
News and Episodes 7 and 8 of Below the Surface (Episodes 1-6 of Below
the Surfaces are available in hlshd)."

---