Steve Backshall - Nature's Microworlds - 2 Serengeti.mp4, b01l4906

MacFH - C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 15:58:44 PDT 2018

Please see below ...

On 04/04/2018 22:16, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
> On 04/04/2018 22:03, RS wrote:

>>> Afraid not.  I tried to download this series in 2013 and 2104. I did
>>> get this episode at hlshd but the others in the series apart from
>>> Episode 1 are all at 832x468.
>>>
>> It looks as though the best 25fps resolution you can get is hvfxsd,
>> 960x540.  It is quite common for older programmes only to be
>> available in HVF and DVF 50fps modes for HD resolutions, and not to
>> have a hlshd mode.  The same applies to outside broadcasts.
>
> Doesn't explain why hlshd was available for episodes 1 and 2 in 2013/4.

Nor that I was able to download Ep 1 in hafhd or hlshd a couple of days ago.

Rant, which may be safely ignored:

I do wish the BBC would get their act together, this is by no means the
first time that this sort of thing has happened  -  others include:
     Story of Maths  -  2 episodes in SD, 2 in HD;
     Yellowstone  -  repeated once in HD, but ever since in SD;
     Attenborough's Life series  -  some episodes of a series in HD
most, as might be expected, in SD;
     Missing episodes from repeated series  -  various series as
sometimes discussed here;
... etc.  Then there are the perfectly good series that never get
repeated, such as America, Civilisation, Earth Story, Wild Caribbean,
etc, so instead the same batch of programmes from the last decade or so
get endlessly recycled.

And that's not to mention the absurdity of not being allowed to download
a 40-50 year old B&W version of 'Pride & Prejudice', or the 50 year old
'Funny Girl' & 43 year old 'Funny Lady',  because of rights issues  -
how many extra DVD sales do the rights holders expect to get by
disallowing this?  At any rate, I can promise them that they won't be
getting any more money out of me at my time of life!

Regards, Charles.