OT: Re: A few ffmpeg queries

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Sep 11 08:19:50 PDT 2017

On 11/09/2017 15:41, Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip wrote:
> On 2017-09-08 00:07, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>>  ... as I can access my home PC during my annual 4
>> months in the Philippines I am able to organise recording schedules
>> from over 7000 miles away!)
>
> How on earth do you catch up with 4 months' worth of unwatched programmes
> when you come back, though?

For the priority stuff, it usually takes me 3 months although this year
it was 4 months! Others I watch, as and when, for example, the new
series of Strictly has just started, so I'll now start watching last
years. Ditto for the Apprentice.

Others still, such as the continental drama series on Fridays on More4
and BBC Four on Saturdays, I take out with me to the Philippines where
my Filipina partner and I watch them together - if you've ever been to
that part of the world you'll be acutely aware of the dearth of decent
programmes over there! I also take out a stack of other progs such as
films, cookery programmes, thriller/detective series, natural history,
etc which both of us enjoy.

Although I watch a fair amount of TV, I'm pretty selective and most of
my viewing is done after 6pm, so it's not like I've got square eyes, LOL.