Programme Version

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Oct 31 03:58:54 PDT 2017

From: Don Grunbaum (Gmail)
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:13 AM

>As I said in my original message, I can download the "alternative version"
>from Radio 4 Extra without a problem.

>It seems curious that the BBC have made that one available and have
>withdrawn the original Radio 4 version - perhaps there was something in
>there that they have removed on the >repeat?

If it becomes necessary to edit a programme, the BBC usually creates an
editorial (and sometimes editorial2) version.

If you look at the search results in my previous post, episode 1 is also
pointing to the Radio 4 Extra PID.

If you look at the By Date results on this page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007mf4f/broadcasts/2017/10

and go down to episode 1 at the bottom, there are two Radio 4 and two Radio
4 Extra broadcasts within a few days of one another, so it is not surprising
there is confusion.  All four broadcasts of episode 1 are pointing to the
Radio 4 Extra PID, b096h777.

Best wishes
Richard