Recordings folder changed

Nick Payne njhp94 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:22:33 PDT 2017

Out of curiosity I changed the drive letter for my external backup drive
to U: and then ran the get_iplayer command to change the output folder
in the options file (GiP 3.06 on Windows 10)

D:\Users\Nick>get_iplayer --prefs-add
--output="C:\Users\graham.temple\Desktop\New folder"
INFO: Changed option 'output' from 'D:\Users\Nick\Videos\iplayer' to
'C:\Users\graham.temple\Desktop\New folder'
INFO: Options file C:\Users\Nick\.get_iplayer\options updated

and when I checked the options file the output line had been changed
correctly

output C:\Users\graham.temple\Desktop\New folder

and I was able to also change it back to my normal default without
problem. Windows uses backslashes rather than forward slashes for
delineating paths. What happens if you issue the command using backslashes?

Nick