parser error

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Fri Oct 27 11:06:40 PDT 2017

>> It is then up to the calling script (get_iplayer.pl) to decide what
>> action to take in response the action taken by the parser.  It is not
>> adequate just to allow XML::LibXML to display "parser error" and take
>> no further action.
>
> Even though that's what the XML standard says IS the correct action?

PMFJI

I built data transfer standards for the UK's outdoor advertising
industry. I deliberately chose to use XML based standards because it
enabled automatic validation of data files. The standards were quite
specific. All automated systems were required to refuse any files not
compatible with the DTD I had on my web server. Data providers were
expected to prevalidate any files they sent to any other company.

This was my main argument for switching to XML from flat-files.

--
Bernard Peek

   bap at shrdlu.com