Radio Programme Not in Cache

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sun Oct 22 06:17:54 PDT 2017

From: Budge
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:36 AM

>Hi all and sorry if this has all been explained before.  I wanted to record
>"The Book of Dust" so refreshed my cache by running get_iplayer thinking I
>would find the index number and get it as usual but the title does not
>appear.

>I therefore downloaded it using pid but can somebody explain why the title
>does not show in cache.  Is it because it is just too soon, the programme
>was only broadcast yesterday, or something more sinister?

The name, longname and nameshort  for b099tf53 are Drama.  Everything after
the first hyphen is ignored.  You can demonstrate that the programme is
indeed in your cache by using
drama
as a search string.  In mine it is fourth from the bottom.

If you want to search for a string which extends beyond the first hyphen
such as
"Drama - The Book of Dust"
or some sub-string, such as
dust or
"book of dust"
you need to use the --long option.

See --long in
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/search

As for whether it's been explained before, the last time I remember was when
Phil Lewis was still involved.