Radio 1 Vintage

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Oct 5 17:12:42 PDT 2017

 On Sat Sep 30 19:14:04 BST 2017, I wrote:

> ... Yes; you'd have to (temporarily) patch your local
> copy of the GiP perl script so as to include the
> "Radio 1 Vintage" schedule feed found at:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1vintage/programmes/schedules
> (snip)
> # channel ids be found on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/stations
> sub channels_schedule {
> return {
>  'national' => {
>    'radio1/programmes/schedules/england' => 'BBC Radio 1',
> +  'radio1vintage/programmes/schedules' => 'Radio 1 Vintage',
>    '1xtra/programmes/schedules'  => 'BBC Radio 1Xtra',
> (snip)
> Save the patch and force a radio.cache refrech.

 This is done by

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force

> get_iplayer --type=radio "Radio 1 Vintage" =>

== A needed follow-up, thanks to a person contacting me direct ==

 If you went ahead and patched your script last week,
successive radio.cache refreshes will have got you a total of
56 "Radio 1 Vintage" entries.

 However, if you decide(d) to patch the script anytime
during this week (starting Monday Oct 2nd),
forcing a radio.cache refresh will only populate it with
Monday's "Radio 1 Vintage" programmes; likewise,
if you delay patching until after the end of this week
(after Sunday Oct 8th), then you'll get 0 "R1V" entries
inside the radio.cache; this is because a default refresh
will only append to existing cache the new content of current week
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1vintage/programmes/schedules/this_week)
in the schedule feed.

 If you've patched your GiP script after 01/10/2017,
you'll have to rebuild the radio.cache as far as
"Radio 1 Vintage" is concerned, by issuing in a
GiP command prompt:

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --refresh-include="Radio 1
Vintage" --refresh-limit-radio=30 --force

This will make sure you get all 56 R1V entries inside the cache!

Best regards,
Vangelis.

PS/OT: Here in Greece, the first day of the week
is Sunday, in Greek it's Κυριακή, translated in
English as the Day of our Lord (Jesus); Monday is
called Δευτέρα, litterally meaning "Second".
While dealing with this follow-up, I realised that
in the UK Monday is considered the first day of the week;
I did find the following small article
http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/what-day-starts-the-week.html
quite interesting as to what is the standard
in various other countries :-)