Linux converting from manual installation to PPA woes.

John Reay john.reay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 06:27:44 PST 2017

john at system7 ~ $ type -aP perl
/usr/bin/perl
john at system7 ~ $ perl -v

This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 1 (v5.22.1) built for
x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2015, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.