Problem with 3.06 PVR

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Nov 10 08:43:28 PST 2017

From: Ralph Corderoy
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 4:08 PM

>> get_iplayer --cache-rebuild  --type=tv,radio
>> You can only add the last two weeks anyway.

>--cache-rebuild implies --refresh-limit=30, unless that's already been
>set to some other value.  30 (days) is the current maximum.

Hi Ralph

The way the cache is refreshed has changed so much recently that I may be
confusing a historical regime with the present one.

My understanding is that the 30 day limit refers to how long entries remain
in the cache.  Programmes older than 30 days are discarded.  The schedules
only exist for this week and last week, so it is not possible to add
programmes more than 2 weeks old.  Future programmes can also be added, but
I do not know how they are handled.

The v3.00 release notes
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release300to309#release300
state,
The slower updates are compensated for by the fact that the cache is now
updated only once per calendar week (Mon-Sun). The cache will be updated the
first time get_iplayer runs during the week.

My cache still seems to refresh every 4 hours, so I may have got it
completely wrong.

Best wishes
Richard