Problem with 3.06 PVR

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 08:07:53 PST 2017

Hi Jon,

> I'm struggling to know where to look next - there isn't any real clue
> in the program output - is there a way to find out *why* it fails "to
> download programme schedule
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/programmes/schedules/last_week" etc.?

The code ignores the error and just tries again up to a given number of
retries.  Try modifying the code to give more information.

Make a back up copy of your get_iplayer script.  Edit it and find
`sub request_url_retry' at the start of a line.  A few paragraphs down,
add the `$res->dump();' line where it's shown below, then save the file.

    for ($i = 0; $i < $retries; $i++) {
            $res = $ua->request( HTTP::Request->new( GET => $url ) );
            if ( ! $res->is_success ) {
                    $res->dump();
                    logger $failmsg if $i == $retries - 1;
            } else {
                    logger $succeedmsg;
                    last;
            }
    }

You should now get output on those failures.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy