Audio Offset

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 07:07:08 PST 2017

Hi,

> YellowYeti wrote:
> > Is anyone else experiencing an offset between audio & video lately?

I hadn't when he asked, but have since noticed it on last Thursday
night's _This Week_ downloaded on Friday.  I adjusted the syncing
between the audio and video streams within the file to fix with
something like

    ffmpeg -itsoffset 0.4 -i foo.mp4 -i foo.mp4 \
        -map 0:1 -map 1:0 -c copy new-foo.mp4

IOW, have ffmpeg read the same file twice, taking the audio from one,
and the video from another, copying them into a new file, so no
transcoding, but with an "input time offset" applied to one of them of
0.4 s.  The corrective delay is found through experimentation and adding
a `-to 00:00:30' after the `-c copy' helps that by quickly producing
just a 30 s snippet of programme to check.

No, I don't know how to get the get_iplayer GUI to do this.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy