--no-hq-audio

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sat Nov 4 09:11:22 PDT 2017

I was very pleased that a facility was introduced in v3.02 to combine
320kbit/s or 128kbit/s HVF audio with HLSHD video.  It can be turned off
with --no-hq-audio, but I since most programmes I watch are predominantly
speech I would prefer it to be turned off by default and to turn it on when
I want it.  I can turn it off by default by including --no-hq-audio in my
preferences.  Although there is a hqaudio variable in the script, there does
not appear to be a --hq-audio option.  Have I missed something, or is there
some other way to turn it back on?

It downloads HLS audio and video and then just the HVF audio before using
ffmpeg to combine them.  Is there any easy way to download the audio on its
own?  It would be useful, possibly with audiodescribed, when I am away from
home and don't have unlimited broadband.