News Quiz Extra pvr Download Failed

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Wed May 24 10:23:33 PDT 2017

On 24/05/2017 17:21, Budge wrote:

> The bad news is that News Quiz Extra did not download.  I wonder if
> the system is confused because I also download The News Quiz which is
> a few nights earlier.

There is no reason why it should, they are two totally different search
items. I downloaded the latest episode (Series 20 Episode 5) on 23rd May
at 08:41BST.
> My pvr items are:-
>
>  pvrsearch = The_News_Quiz
>         radiomode = better
>         search0 = The News Quiz
>
> and:-
> pvrsearch = News_Quiz_Extra
>         radiomode = better
>         search0 = News_Quiz_Extra
>         type = radio
>
> I know the type = radio is superfluous and from before I had prefs:-
>
> Options in '/home/alastair/.get_iplayer/options'
>         type = tv,radio
>         output = /home/alastair/GiP_Recordings
>         refreshinclude = Radio 3,Radio 4
>         tvmode = best
>         refreshexcludegroups = local
>         ffmpeg = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
>         refreshexclude = CBBC,CBeebies
>
> Any ideas why News Quiz Extra doesn't download with pvr?

I would refer you back to my previous posting regarding the cache. My
first port of call would be to open the radio.cache file with a text
editor and search for "News Quiz Extra" (without the quotes). If the
relevant programme is not in the cache then it's not going to download,
so you have to refresh it as previously advised and check again to see
that the item has been updated in your cache. If so, then try the PVR again.

If you can do that then report back on your findings, we can see what's
happening.

Alan

---