what is pre-watershed version

Nic Siddle nicsiddle at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:23:38 PDT 2017

Inconsistent and illogical perhaps, but not insane, at least in
intention. I believe that the 'watershed' and its accompanyning rules
are laid down in statute, and therefore the rules are not down to the
BBC. I, for one, would want to protect children from unmoderated
content, whilst acknowledging that in today's world, this is in reality
impossible. And yes - I do believe that there is a difference between
factual reporting of upsetting incidents and pure drama which may
contain violence/ sex etc. (though quite how EastEnders qualifies as
pre-watershed, I have never understood.

Nic