An Art Lover's Guide - 3 St Petersburg

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Tue May 23 08:09:14 PDT 2017

On 23 May 2017, C. E. Macfarlane wrote:

>>>	Has anyone managed to find an unsigned version of this?  I
>>>	can only find a
>>>	signed and audio-described version of it!
>>
>>     This one?
>>     http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08qkvcq/an-art-lovers-gu
>>     ide-series-1-3
>>     -st-petersburg
>
> Thanks, but that's the same version PID as I downloaded, and it came down as
> BSL & AD.  This would appear to be why,  I think the wrong version has been
> put up there:
> 	http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qkvcq

Seems to be downloading "original" for me --

$ get_iplayer --pid=b08qkvcq
get_iplayer v3.01, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

  NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

INFO Trying to download PID using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
186:	An Art Lovers' Guide: Series 1 - St Petersburg, BBC Four, b08qkvcq

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: hlshd1,hlshd2,hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,hvfxsd3,hvfxsd4,hvfxsd5,hvfxsd6,hvfxsd7,hvfxsd8,hvfxsd9,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,dvfxsd4,hlsvhigh1,hlsvhigh2,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,hvfxhigh3,dvfxhigh1,dvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh3,dvfxhigh4,hvflow1,hvflow2,hvflow3,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3,dvflow4 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying hlshd1 mode to record tv: An Art Lovers' Guide: Series 1 - 3. St Petersburg
INFO: File name prefix = An_Art_Lovers_Guide_Series_1_-_3._St_Petersburg_b08qkvcq_original
INFO: Begin recording file: /tmp/An_Art_Lovers_Guide_Series_1_-_3._St_Petersburg_b08qkvcq_original.video.ts
INFO: Begin recording at: 0.00 MiB (00:00:00) [1]

Watching at least the start of it all seems fine, no signing or anything.

-- Mark