Red Button now on iPlayer

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon May 15 08:41:03 PDT 2017

>Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 16:02 I wrote

>I need to do some more work on this, and read Vangelis's article properly.
>--exclude-supplier=limelight,bidi
>does not work, nor does
>--exclude-supplier=mf_limelight,mf_bidi
>In both cases it says it is going to try hvfxsd1, hvfxsd2 and hvfxsd3 when
>it should have excluded all of those.

I spoke too soon, but I didn't want anyone to waste time on something I had
got wrong.
--exclude-supplier=limelight,bidi
does work.  get_iplayer renumbers the sub-modes.  What threw me was that it
found, as hvfxsd1, a https Akamai stream which I hadn't seen before, and
that was also slow.  The bit rate was given as 1836kbps against 1802kbps.
--tvmode=hvfxsd2 --exclude-supplier=limelight,bidi
downloaded at 70Mbit/s.