Red Button now on iPlayer

James Scholes james at jls-radio.com
Mon May 15 04:36:55 PDT 2017

RS wrote:
> I wondered whether the 100 for hlsvhigh1 meant it was limited to
> 100Mbit/s. I am used to getting up to 80Mbit/s for hlshd.  Could the 10
> for hvfxsd2 mean it was limited to 10Mbit/s?

Not at all.  These are just internal numbers used to assign a priority
to each stream.  The BBC iPlayer and apps will try the stream with the
lowest priority first, and if performance seems lackluster or there's an
error they will try the stream with the next highest priority and so on.
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes