Cache no-refresh and regexes

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Fri May 12 15:24:50 PDT 2017

On 13 May 2017, Vangelis forthnet wrote:

> On Fri May 12 22:22:13 BST 2017, Mark Carroll wrote:
>
>> I wonder what's the cleanest way to
>> tell get_iplayer not to refresh the cache.
>
> ... Use the -e (--expiry) option with a huge value, e.g. the number
> of seconds included in a week or more, and set it in your user options;
> you do plan on manually updating at some point, don't you?

Yes, I usually do update at least every few days, just occasionally I
don't want it to on some particular invocation. I was worried about a
random huge value in case I overflowed into the sign bit and ended up
negative or something (I don't know Perl well enough, nor do I know if
those seconds get multiplied to milliseconds or whatever in the code)
but, yes, I guess I could use 2^24 or something and figure that's going
to be pretty safe!

-- Mark