BBC has added password controls to iPlayer

Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri May 12 09:41:41 PDT 2017

On 2017-05-12 16:21, Andy Wedge wrote:

> I've just tried to play Casualty from the iPlayer site as a test.  I
> was
> asked to register with a DOB, Postcode, Email address and gender
> identification so changes have already happened.

I don't see that your DOB or gender are the Beeb's business.  I can sort
of see
that postcode is relevant if only because I don't have a problem with
them
checking you have a TV licence, which is presumably where this is
headed.

Does anyone thing that a fake DOB (which random values are what I give
to most
organisations that ask for DOB), or an incorrect gender will come back
to bite
me?

And... do they just have a trad view of gender or are there what you
might call
the open-mined 5 (or more) alternatives that some sites have - ie
something like

   M   F   trans-one-way   trans-the-other   my-business-not-yours

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own