Further Radio Modes Experience

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Wed May 10 16:15:57 PDT 2017

On 09/05/17 19:11, Timothy wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:48 PM, "Budge" <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the links and yes I have been through all my previous posts
>> but only after the file failed.  I have now read and re-read the wiki
>> pages but had not remembered the fact that the 96kbps which gives me
>> the file size I want is the one that Linn firmware cannot handle.
>

> You could always try the std modes, as it's only a third larger (128K), but is LC so your player can handle it.

Hi Timothy,
As you know there is no simple "std" but modes such as dafstd or hafstd.
  I mentioned I was going to try the shortcut "better" which gives both
of these.

In fact my pvr-list entry with radiomode=better failed last night and
gave me the 96kbps version again.  I have now downloaded using pid and
radiomode=better and this worked.  Will check my pvr-list entry and try
again but you are correct on file size and I can live with "better"
shortcut.
Will also try some lower resolution options and/or run command to
convert to mp3.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Budge.