Help text query

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue May 9 05:42:37 PDT 2017

Hi Andy,

> Yes, the --force option is described in the recording options but it
> mentions -u which I can't see referenced anywhere else.

In 2.90, one of the old version I have here, -u is present.

    update => [ 2, "update|u!", 'Config', '--update, -u',
        "Update get_iplayer if a newer version is available.  If so,
        plugins also will be updated if newer versions available."],

That option was removed some time ago, and it stopped having an effect
in versions that did have it, leaving users, including me, blissfully
ignorant that there were new releases as we were happily running -u to
check.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy